BONUS: Airplane tickets can be very expensive. The table below lists the cost of one return ticket for one person from Auckland, New Zealand to the capital city of each country included in the Summer Learning Journey programme. The costs are listed in the local currency (money) of the country and not in New Zealand dollars.
Use the XE currency converter website [http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/] to find out how much each ticket would cost in New Zealand dollars [NZD $$]. On your blog, tell us:
- How much it would cost in New Zealand dollars to fly to each country.
- Which country is the most expensive country to visit
- Which country is the least expensive country to visit
To use the XE site you have to complete these four steps:
Step 1 – Enter the price of the airline ticket in the far left box.
Step 2 – Select the currency you want from the drop down menu in the second box.
Step 3 – Select ‘NZD – New Zealand Dollar’ as the currency in the third box.Step 4 – Click on the blue button with the white arrow. It will take you to a second page that tells you how the ticket will cost in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
1. How mus it would cost in New Zealand dollars to fly to each country?
Name of City
Cost of Return Flight Nzd
826 AUD = 863.032 NZD
147,172 JPY = 1,790.90 NZD
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
7,182 MYR = 2,297.00 NZD
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
7,219 AED = 2,814.33 NZD
Cape Town, South Africa
27,296 ZAR = 2,785.36 NZD
2,182 EUR = 3,267.91 NZD
1,442 GBP = 2,577.41 NZD
1,582,030 CLP = 3,364.781 NZD
Mexico City, Mexico
90,664 MXN = 6,350.59 NZD
2,064 CAD = 2,216.60 NZD
2. Which country is the most expensive country to visit?
3. Which country is the least expensive country to visit?