Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Weekly Activities (Day 1) Activity 1

Activity 1: Let’s imagine that you were alive 2792 years ago and invited to compete in the first ever ancient Olympic Games. Which of these events: running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing and pentathlon would you compete in? Click on the name of the sport and it will take you to a site that tells you about the sport. On your blog tell us which sport you would choose and why you chose it.


Answer: If I was alive in 2792 years ago I would have competed in Equestrian races because there were different events such as the four horse chariot, the two horse chariot and the horse with rider. The reason why I chose this sport Equestrian race because it is more challenging with 2 or 4 horses pulling you.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme. I am so happy that you have joined us this holiday. It's such great news!

    It is also really cool to see that you have chosen chariot racing as your sport. I think that you are very brave to select it as a sport and I admire your desire to be challenged. I am just like you! I also love a good challenge :)

    Speaking of challenges, I hope that you will keep up with the holiday blogging programme. There are lots of fun activities to challenge you!

    I will look forward to reading your posts and to commenting on them :)

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete