Pages

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Weekly Activity (Day 2) Activity 2

Activity 2: Rio de Janeiro, the host of Olympic Games this year, is a huge, vibrant and dynamic city. Perhaps the most famous landmark in the city is a large statue of Jesus called ‘Christ the Redeemer’ that sits on top of a hill overlooking Rio. Here is a picture of the statue. New Zealand is also known for many famous landmarks, including the SkyTower and the Harbour Bridge. In your blog list 3 famous landmarks in New Zealand. Along with the name of each landmark provide a brief description of it. Where is the landmark located? In your opinion, why is it famous?  



Sky Tower: The Sky Tower was built on August 3rd 1997, nearly nineteen years ago. The Sky tower is in Auckland city, It is the tallest building in New Zealand and it is 328 meters tall.

Eden Park: Eden Park is the largest stadium in New Zealand and it is located in Auckland as well. The Rugby Union uses the stadium in winter, cricket in summer and Eden Park has been a sports ground since the 1900's.

L&P Bottle: L&P is a famous drink made in New Zealand. It was first made in 1907 using lemon juice and mineral water from the town of Paeroa. The L&P bottle was put up in Paeroa close to the building where it was first made. 

1 comment:

  1. You have chosen some great landmarks, Courtney! I feel very lucky because I have been able to visit Eden Park and the Sky Tower but have yet to spend much time in Paeroa. I did drive to the town to see the L&P bottle once years ago but I forgot to take a picture when I was there so I don't have a record of my trip! I need to remember to bring my camera next time:)

    If you had to choose to visit one of the three landmarks that you've listed here, which one would you choose? I'd love to know :)

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete